Project #15 : Fresh Summer Salad January 10 2016
This is a delicious summer salad - it is fresh, vibrant and super healthy (also vegetarian). It is great for a light meal towards the end of a busy day and quick to make.
Serves 1-2 people
What you will need:
1 medium sized beetroot (sliced into circles)
1 medium carrot (julienned/cut into little match sticks)
1 cup raw buckwheat (cooked)
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
1 whole chopped cucumber
Dressing (to taste):
juice of 2 juicy limes
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
pinch of sea salt flakes
twist of black pepper
handful of mint
1. Cook the raw buckwheat until soft, and drain under cold water and put to one side until most of the water has drained off.
2. Assemble the chopped vegetables in with the cooled buckwheat.
3. Toast the peanuts in a saucepan until golden and crunchy.
4. Make the dressing in a jam jar with a lid (so you can shake the ingredients together), and pour over the salad.
5. Put the handful of mint over the top of the salad and scatter the toasted peanuts.