Project # 9 : White Chocolate Spiced Biscuits December 06 2015
These are a little more spicy than traditional gingerbread, and are lovely crisp biscuits on their own, but with the decadent white chocolate, these are pretty special!
175 grams butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 Cups Flour (+ extra flour later on)
1 tablespoon ground ginger
grated nutmeg (pinch)
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
250 grams best quality white chocolate
soft silver cachous for decorating
1. Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a bowl, add in the egg and beat until mixed.
2. Sieve in the dry ingredients - flour, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and the baking soda.
3. Mix together until a soft ball forms from the dough. Refrigerate until the dough is firm, and then roll out on to a floured surface and use biscuit cutters to make shapes from.
4. Bake biscuits for 12 minutes on a 180 degree oven on non-stick parchment paper. The biscuits will be a slightly golden colour, but not burnt when they are ready. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Melt the bar of white chocolate and decorate your biscuits with it (I used a spoon which worked well), while the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle the silver cachous over the biscuits, and leave to cool. (As it is quite warm where I live, I put my biscuits in the fridge to chill and this worked really well).
Hope you enjoy these!