The little things.. June 28 2015
This post is about taking time to enjoy the little things in life. We often spend much of our time under pressure, working hard and sometimes need to take a moment to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.
My mum picked me this little rose from the garden and it smells beautiful, my mum is very kind and lovely and inspired me to write this post.
My top five little things to do that make you feel good:
1. Make yourself a warm drink - Japanese sencha green tea is amazing, and is really good for you. I also like making homemade hot chocolates (with marshmallows!) and spicy chai lattes in the cooler winter months.
2. Do something nice for someone - Call your parents and wish them a happy day, smile at a stranger, write a postcard to your friends or invite them over for cake. When you do something kind for someone else, it makes you feel good too.
3. Make yourself something for your house - Buy some flowers to brighten up your home (gerberas are always fun) or a scented candle and let it fill your room with warmth and its beautiful scent. Making cakes count too!
4. Listen to some peaceful music - Music that you enjoy that helps relax always makes you feel happier. I like listening to Sigur Ros before bed sometimes.
5. Have a bubble bath - nothing washes away your days worries like a warm bubble bath, surrounded by candles. I highly recommend this one.
Happy Sunday and enjoy the little things x